Monday, October 17, 2005

what would mom say?

I forget how I found this older article at The Onion, but it had me in giggles this evening. What would you do if your mom found your blog? I honestly can't say. Of course, since my mom is online, and since there is a chance that one of my siblings will refer her to my blog, I'm now in the same boat as "Kevin" in the Onion article.

Some favourite quotes from "Kevin" (edited to protect more sensitive readers):

"With the raw materials in my blog, she could actually construct an accurate picture of who I am. This is f***ing serious."

"Mom loves hearing every boring detail of her kids' lives," he said. "She'd want to know what I'm eating for dinner every night, if she could. This blog is like p*rn for her."

I set up my blog to be public, and this impacts the tone of my writing here. But now that my mom might find out about my blog? I may not have the courage to ever write another entry [grin]...

Mom Finds Out About Blog [The Onion]

No comments:

Post a Comment